It’s beginning to look a lot like…..
~The perfect time to start a supper club, or rekindle the one you are already in!
I’m excited to share a few pieces of press that are out right now. Shameless self promotion (I know)…but I am excited.
The article I wrote about the supper club trend is featured in the December issue of Costco Connection magazine. If you are not a subscriber, click here to read the online version.
Virginia Living Magazine captures a look at my own supper club, complete with photos from an evening at my house with recipes from my book, perfect for holiday entertaining. Here’s a look at one of the pics:
Photo by Kip Dawkins
In the spirit of celebration, I would like to share a recipe from my book (one of my favorite salads actually) that I hope you will enjoy in celebration sometime over the holidays with your friends at the table. — And since we are in the season of giving, I am giving away copy of my cookbook, personalized and shipped to one lucky winner!
Here’s what you need to do to enter (you have 4 ways to increase your chances):
1. Leave a comment telling me you would like to win a copy of Friends at the Table. *If you are leaving a comment as “anonomous”, please be sure to include your email address in your comment so that I may contact you if you are the winner.
2. Follow me on Twitter and then tweet about the contest by copying and pasting the following: Entered to win a copy of Friends at the Table: The Ultimate Supper Club #Cookbook #giveaway on Table Talk http://tinyurl.com/d4znz4w
3. “Like” the www.debishawcross page on Facebook and leave a comment here to let me know. If you already like me on Facebook, just leave a comment here telling me so.
4. Stumble this post on Stumble Upon and let me know you did here with a comment.
- Giveaway entry period begins Friday, December 2nd, and ends Sunday, December 11, 2011 at 11:59pm. Drawing will be held Monday, December 12, 2011 at 9:00am (All times are Eastern Time zone) and announced the same day.
- Comments will be numbered by order received and random.org will generate a random number for the winner. Please note: If you want to enter more than once, the separate comments for each entry are required (a necessary step for keeping track of entry numbers).
- **Limited to residents of the United States
- I am the final judge regarding any discrepancies, interpretations, grievances, etc about this drawing.
- Winner must respond and claim the prize within one week of the winning announcement. If a winner does not claim the prize during the specified time, a reserve winner will be drawn from the original entries.
Best of luck!
And now for the recipe I promised:
Lobster Salad with Roasted Peppers, Miso Dressing and Goat Cheese
6 cups mixed field greens
Meat from 2 steamed (1 1/2 pound) lobsters, cut into 1-inch pieces
2 red bell peppers, roasted, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch strips
2 yellow bell peppers, roasted, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch strips
5 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
For the salad: Place the greens, lobster and peppers in a salad bowl and add enough dressing to coat. Toss well. Top with sprinkles of goat cheese.
4 tablespoons miso paste
1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
2 tablespoons grated ginger root
2 teaspoons minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Juice from 2 oranges
1 teaspoon tahini paste
For the dressing: Whisk together the miso paste, vinegar, ginger, garlic, pepper, orange juice, and tahini in a small bowl. Set aside.